PPC or pay-per-click advertising is a great way to get your products and services in front of your prospects, quickly. Some people are a bit suspicious of PPC and are concerned about the cost and return on marketing spend, but by using PPC effectively you can generate targeted new business in a cost effective way.
Watch this short video
5 steps for using PPC
This is how Pay Per Click ads are displayed on desktop / laptop PCs, and as you can see they are very prominent in the search results.
Here are 5 tips for using PPC
1. Accurately monitor your conversion rates. Why does this matter? Well, with PPC you can target a wide range of keyword phrases and by analysing your data, you can find out which phrases generate business, so you can refine your keyword list on an ongoing basis
2. PPC data can influence your organic search engine optimisation strategy too, and we often use it in this way for our clients. Rather than “guessing” which keyword phrases to highlight on your website, make decisions based on data from your PPC campaign, then you’ll know that the phrases you use are well searched on and have the potential to generate enquiries
3. Reach new audiences instantly. You might have a new product line, want to react quickly to new trends, or want to offer your services to a different group of customers – that’s no problem with PPC. PPC can be started and stopped at will, so you can run campaigns for just a few hours should you wish to
4. Gain competitive intelligence through the use of special tools to analyse your competitors advertising budgets, keyword selections and more, so you can compete effectively
5. Target your customers anywhere – as well as the familiar ads as shown above, you can also use PPC for display ads on relevant websites and also to remarket to your site visitors, after they’ve left your website.
A lot of people use Google Adwords PPC successfully, but did you also know that you can use PPC on Bing and also on facebook and other social media channels too?
Try it yourself, or if you need help in planning and implementing a sophisticated PPC strategy that brings a real return on investment, talk to us.
You can find more information about our PPC management services here.
If you have questions about PPC advertising, please post them here and we’ll do our best to answer them for you.